Who doesn’t want better mental health? This can help!
BBC iPlayer has a 30-day challenge to help improve our mental wellness, and has an action for each of the 30 days. I will write a short blog about my experiences for each day.
Here is Dr Zoe with more information about the challenge:
Week One – Connect
This week, the focus of the challenges is “connect” – and by this we mean actual human interaction. Evidence shows that good relationships – with family, friends and our wider communities – are important for our mental wellbeing. Building stronger, wider social connections can help us feel happier and more secure, and give us a greater sense of purpose. As Dr Zoe says, “We’re social animals and we don’t thrive when we’re lonely and isolated.”
Click the link to see what I did for each of the days:
- Challenge one – Go on a friend date
- Challenge two – Speak to someone new
- Challenge three – Have lunch with a colleague
- Challenge four – Make time for family
- Challenge five – Go to a local meet-up
- Challenge six – Call mum or dad
Join Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.