WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
Mental Health First Aid Workshops
Full Mental Health Awareness Qualification
- Increase their knowledge of signs, symptoms and risk factors of mental health problems
- Decrease the social distance between themselves and someone with a mental health problem
- Increase their confidence to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis
- Can identify professional and self-help resources for individuals with a mental health problem
- Show increased mental wellness themselves
- A with the mental health crisis
- And communicate in a nonjudgemental way
- Give Support
- Support and information
- Seek professional help
- Self-help and other support strategies
- Anyone with the right combination of practical, academic, and/or lived experience with mental health.
- Ultimately, an Mental Health First Aid instructor must combine knowledge of mental health problems and supports with the ability to effectively engage a group of adult learners.
- Have the right qualities and personal attributes to support others.
- Be willing to act as a Mental Health First Aider at work when needed.